Monday, November 28, 2005

Training session--Meditation

I remember a particular training program called “Meditation” that was conducted when I had joined Infotech ..

Here’s the anecdote::

The chairs in the training hall were arranged in a semi circle fashion .
keerti and I sat at the center of the row as though we were the only spirited participants.i still cudnt figure out as to wht got into our brains tht we sat in the middle .The session began.The trainer looked very poised. He asked many questions, told us various philosophical things I don’t really recall much..
But just before lunch break he told us tht we ought to medidate
He asked us to close our eyes and concentrate. He explained us to place our concentration in the center of our forehead..”CENTER OF THE FOREHEAD !!!!!!! how shud I do tht ????” Anyways we closed our eyes . Out of nowhere came a moan… I wondered ,was it a wolf moan or whether any of my friend was whimpering… I squinched my eyes to see wht was wrong in the room(Thank god everybody were meditating with their eyes shut) it tuk me a minute to realize tht it was music which was being played in the room on an mp3 player..It was actually played to calm us dowm and help us concentrate.calm !!!!! man !!!!! it did everything other than make me calm… he later started to repeat a sentence “now concentrate… u will feel lighter and lighter”
At every interval of 2 –3 mins he repeated “ u wil feel lighter and lighter and lighter”, I was imagining tht may be when I open my eyes I wud see my friends levitate .I cud hear keerti giggling sitting beside me and at the same time trying to control it, I cudnt dare to look at her coz I knew if I wud do so ,I wud burst out laughing, so I just kept my head bent down..
It was not the first time that I tried to medidate .Many a times b4 I gave a try , but everytime ended up thinking either abt shahrukh khan or recollect funny instances which I usually don’t even recall, but at tht point I recollected all the funny incidents of my life. I still remember tht keerti and I decided tht after lunch we will sit in exteme corners so tht we can laugh peacefully and the person wil not observe us.
And what do we c all the chairs were occupied and we were left with tht two particular chairs in the center.

We resolved between us tht wht may com , we wud b serious and not laugh, and concentrate. But moment the swamiji/the person who came to teach appeared agn in the room we luked at each other and started our giggles
I prayed to all the gods tht don’t let him repeat tht meditation segment agn but my prayers were unanswered and the music began agn… I felt I cud face 100 interviews, do wht so ever difficult things but not control my laugh
I expected tht the show ended there but I was wrong agn.
They asked us to bow in front of each other and say “ I like u .I belong to u” Belong to u!!!!!!!! HAVE MERCY!!!! I was astonished tht I shud say this , and luked at my friends, they kept reciting it religiously to each other,I wished my list of crushes wud be present at tht moment so tht not just these two sentences, I wud have sung for them similar to how shahrukh sings cing sushmita in main hoon na.. Anyways I managed to mumble those words to my friends …Thank god the program ended.
If it wud have lasted 4 some more time I swear I wud have got convulsions of laughter
This is one among the incidents in my life, which still has the power to make me smile naaaaa giggle naaaaaa laugh :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one real good ...
but where 's my trafic request dear editor??

Anonymous said...

Your writing style is great and unique. This comment is not only for this blog. I guess you are an editorialist