Past 4 years Ross Geller of Friends was my favorite character.
I am happy,watch Ross,am depressed watch Ross,am irritated watch Ross and if nothing else to do watch Ross.He was my antidote to all the troubles.
Ross Geller is a paleontologist who simply loves Dinosaurs.He is a nerd and more or less kind of a loser. He is in love with Rachel since his college days. He has a younger sister Monica who dominates him and so does the rest of the gang.He gets married three times and is divorced 3 times. Has two kids from 2 marriages.He is pretty loyal to his friends.Well he ends up winning Rachel finally.(I was soo happy when Rachel says Yes to Ross)
I watched friends mostly for Ross Geller .Well I did love all the other 5 characters Rachel,Monica,Chandler,Pheobe and Joey as well.
Ross's timing of humor was perfect.According to me more than his lines his expressions used to get me into convulsions of laughter.
Few of Ross Geller's quotes:
1)"Ross: First divorce: wife's hidden sexuality, not my fault. Second divorce: said the wrong name at the altar, kind of my fault. Third divorce: they shouldn't let you get married when you're that drunk and have stuff drawn all over your face, Nevada's fault."
2)"[Ross is walking down the aisle at Chandler and Monica's wedding]
Ross: Wow. This is the first time I've walked down the aisle without the possibility of it ending in divorce."
3)"[Ross defends his fast eating habits to Rachel]
I grew up in a house with Monica, okay. If you didn't eat fast, you didn't eat."
4)I am Bea, I drink tea, wont you dance around with me..." Ross would sing.
No wonder I have all the CD's of all the ten seasons.I was crying when I finished watching the last episode.No No I am not joking.Trust me i really did cry.My husband could vouch for that.
So then I started watching all the episodes again and then again and so it went on for 4 years.
-----------------------------------
But Since few months Barney Stinson of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER seems to be competing to be in top 1 of my list of fav comedy stars.
He has got upteen number of punch lines that we could write a book on his lines :)
He is my fav character in HIMYM followed by Lily(LilyPad),Ted,Marshal(Marsh Mellon) and Robin.
Barney is a character of a charismatic womanizer who just sleeps with women and never calls them back, yea this is exactly what he preaches too.
And added to that he has a scrapbook filled with the names of the women and pictures with whom he has slept.He is always on look for a hot chick for himself or for his best buddy Ted.
He is AWESOME ( the most used word by Barney)He is always suited up and in his best form.He blogs religiously about how men should date hot chicks and the tips and tricks on the same
I know I know being a women myself and with a shade of feminism in me I shouldn't be ideally loving Barney But what to do!!!!!!! (puppy face).
I loveeeee his character and him (You read it right,I simplyyy loveeee Barney)..
Few of my favv punch lines of Barney Stinson :
Suit Up
Havvvvvvvvvvve you met Ted
I am Awesome
Wad up !!!
High 5!
Legen---wait for it-- wait for it some more--- dary !
Play Book- wriiten by Barney Stinson himself .
His winking stlye, the way he tilts his head and his half smile.Oh man !!!!! he is just AWESOMEEEEEE
Recently googled and found out that HIMYM is competing with FRIENDS and Seinfeld. So who knows may be in future HIMYM would be rated as the top 1 comedy series.
No comments:
Post a Comment