Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My much awaited appraisal was done finally..
Hmm.. I knew exactly well beforehand wht would be the outcome of it..
I expected I wud have list of negative points rather than positive 1s..
But hey things turned out differently, very differently indeed..Firstly my manager mentioned all my +ve traits .Few of the points that he mentioned to me, abt me left me pondering as to “Am I really so gud?”. But but but the icing on the cake was the feedback from my module lead… he told so many goody goody and wonderful things regarding my work tht I was really stupefied.. wow!!!! It was literally a feast to my ears… I started elevating higher and higher.
God bless him!!!!!!
..But then came the real climax.. when my appraisal was almost about to end my manager pin pointed one of my
–ve attribute . I wil not even bother dicussing about it... Well ofcourse he said it as a suggestion. And didn’t mean to hurt me but the problem with me is tht I take things a bit personally rather than professionally. Anyways I did end up being hurt …. Sob sob sob !!!!!!
So by the end of the day I was completely demoralized and degraded.
I was desperate to do something to boost up my confidence, my energy level and my morale .so thought of participating in the elocution competition tht was to be scheduled in our company the very next day.. I reached home, finished up with my dinner and talking to my friend.So by the time I sat to pen down few points it was already past 12 . there were about 8 – 9 topics given.. and I decided to speak on “Hyderabad Traffic-Sense NoSense.” Coz tht was a very light and hot topic.. unfortunately the net was not working..I was literally snoozing but somehow managed to scribble down few points.The next moring,the net was working fine..Thanks to my stars.
I went through various sites for the traffic and prepared a gist ..Well the event started at 4.30 pm .. I was the 6th or 7th person to speak The moment I finished speaking ,deep down my conscious told me tht I wud be among the top 3.. well well well!!!! I STOOD 1ST :)))
Clap Clap Clap !!! Pat on my shoulders !!!!!!
I was happy but was kinda sad too coz none of my friends were present both when I was speaking and while I was collecting my prize.. (I would never forgive them for this)

But winning the competition did boost up my morale which i badly needed.
So now I am supercharged and I have very well refilled my confidence level.

Cya !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting for ure new blog pallavi