Monday, February 13, 2006

Thank God !!!!

“Oh God!!!!! Not again “ was my remark when I saw my face in the mirror and at the two pimples tht were popping out on my cheek & forehead. It looked as though both of them were competing with each other as to how big and red can they buldge out.I cursed god for making me look so ugly. I simply enacted it like a melodrama of the saas bahu serials only without any background score.(kyu bhagwaan kyu , tumne mere saath aisa kyu kiya!!!!!!)I found fault with my hair, my nose, my complexion, my height etc etc.. Huh!!! At tht moment I was so frustrated tht I felt tht there was not a single thing tht was gud abt me.I felt too low.As I had to get ready 4 office, I dabbed some extra powder around the pimples to make it less visible.As I started to leave for my office I kept grudging to myself tht I am the most unluckiest gal in this world, universal,galaxy etc etc..( I know I know !! I was over reacting) .I felt as though all the ppl on the road were staring at my pimples huh!! Yea !!! as though they had no other work to do . but well one does feel so when one is too conscious..
The day surely started out to be bad .While staring at the pimple in the mirror by sometimes standing close to it and sometime a few feet away from it to check whether tht pimple was visible or not ,I missed my bus..I asked the auto driver to take me to hitech city directly.The traffic near yosufguda is terrible and literally comes to a crawl.. I got pissed out by the smoke , the dust accompanied with the continuous honking of the vehicals, each of them competing 4 space without following any traffic rules , all the beggars of the world drop in at tht moment & to top it all were those two pimples ..In the midst of the chaos my eyes fell on a structure sitting in the corner of the footpath..She was an impoverished gal, literally in rags..I cudnt see her face as her hair had concealed her face..I knew something was wrong with her.. it was as though she was hiding herself from the world but cudnt.. She looked scary ,similar to the ghost in the movie “ The Ring”.. The more I observed her behaviour the more inquisitive I became..She then stood up to leave.. It was then tht I saw her face which sent a chill through my spine ..I had till date never seen som1 or something like tht. Her entire body including her face was burnt … burn which according to medical terminology is called as 3rd degree burns.. I watched in petrified horror as the ghostly figure started out 4 her work ie to beg..Mass of flesh dangling down here and there.. Her hair was burnt , her eyes were damaged due to the burns.. She was completely disfigured and distorted.. I guess am not getting proper words to describe her.
I felt sick, sick to the stomach at the sight.... I did know how to react looking at the misshapen structure. I didn’t know whether to sympathise with her or despise god for letting such a misfortunate and gruesome incident happen to her. U know wht my immediate reaction was . I thanked god .. I thanked him profusely tht even though I was not beautiful atleast I was not cripped or impaired.. The biggest thing was tht I was NORMAL. At that moment being normal looked to be like the biggest gift one cud have. I was just staring at her with fear, digust and pity, tht was all I cud do,just sympathize with her who not only experienced such catastrophic burn injuries but also was living with it.. What the hell were my two cute pimples(look I have changed) in front of the tragedy tht she went through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pallavi,
Nice to know that you blog:)
This post's very good, and I think you described it very well when you said - "The biggest thing was tht I was NORMAL". I wholly subscribe to your view here, for I too experienced something on the same lines not so long ago. Heard this from a friend of mine -"Life's a grand cocktail party, be glad you were invited!!".
Regards,
Chandu

Anonymous said...

why didnt u offer her some help? paaapam..
--pavvi.

Anonymous said...

saw this blog a long time ago..

when i first saw the starting i thought -- "has this girl gone crazy? did she not find any topic better than her pimples". But once i finished reading ur blog i just cud not stop myself from appreciating ur effort.Well done.I went thru all ur blogs they were all good but this one defintely stands out.

I prefer to remain anonymous.