Friday, October 14, 2005

Salaam Namaste

I was waiting from past 1 month to go to the movie “Salaam Namaste..”
And finally the lucky day arrived.
Each time we tried we were out of luck. That made me even more frustrated and I was bent upon watching the movie as early as possible :)

I didn’t know much about the story,just that it as quite similar to kya kehna
I was mainly excited bcoz I wanted to watch that particular song “ my dil goes mmmm….” A kewl hummable song….Listed in my favourites..

The movie when started was quite interesting and funnyyy…
Especially when saif keeps chanting “ humber humber “ instead of “amber” and arshad warsi’s blank look on the face when he says he wanted to marry a gal whom he had seen just 1s :)

When priety zinta moves in with saif ali khan in the same house on the pretext to know each other better.. I was a bit annoyed thinking tht there was no need for all that .. Never mind.. I felt am a bit old fashioned and conservative…. Whtever !!!!

Well !!!! my fav song “my dil goess mmm…” was reallyyy kewl..
Must say the locations were marvelous, captivating and simply awesome!!!!!
I was completely mesmerized…..
I just wanted to enter the screen and dance with zinta in tht song...

All was well till here.
But the final 20 mins of the movie.. oh my god !!!!! i was overwhelmed with a sense of disgust. The final part of the movie was so obscene..
They made fun of a women’s pregnancy and her labour pain…
It was so ridiculous.
Didn’t expect this from such refine actors like Abhisheik Bachan, Saif Ali Khan and our very own Zinta..
i am surprised as this movie is one of the products of Yash Chopra Presentation
who are known for making magnificent and splendid movies.. Salaam Namaste being one of their product, gosh!!!

How com the janata who had watched it said tht “it was a very gud movie..”
Added to that the dresses that preity wore during her pregnancy
Gosh!!!!
She wore such short tops that half of her swollen belly was seen which had been deliberately done … Y????? I wanna ask zinta , the director and the dress designer.
Well !!! do u call them as trendy outfits ???
This was the term tht was used in the DC under fashion corner “Zinta wears such Trendy Outfits in Salaam Namaste” .huh!!!

Ok lemme not talk like an intellectual saying that Cinema is a medium which should spread awareness among people or enlighten them.. blah… blah…blah..
It is just a mode of entertainment..
I don’t say that every time u go to watch a movie u shud come out learning something..
But they should be something logical or funny . If they intend to make a comedy film let them make it in a neat manner..Perfect set of comedy movies are Hera Pheri , Hungama ,Dil Chahta Hai They were simply fantastic.

I am really surprised as to why everyone had kept quite when the labour pain of a women and the birth of a new life was being shown on a 70mm screen so ridiculously..it was so loathsome..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...!! nice thought provoking review..
but relax, take it easy...dont get fumed up for small things like a movie.
-- guess who posted this? ;)